Senior System Administrator (Linux)
Dr.Max is the leading pharmacy chain in Central Europe. In every country where we are active, Dr.Max is dedicated to improving the level of health care available by guaranteeing access to a broad assortment of medicines and pharmacy services. Pharmacies are currently present in 6 countries (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Italy) with great expansion plans across Europe for the near future. The group level headquarters Dr. Max BDC is expanding the structure of the IT team, so we are looking for an experienced Senior System Administrator to join us. If you are looking for an opportunity to implement your knowledge and experience in organization where you can have an impact and truly make a difference, this is the right opportunity for you! This is a newly established role which will be a part of our Group E-Commerce IT team and will be responsible for managing IT infrastructure, focusing on operation systems and networks - Linux (Red Hat), servers such as Apache, Nginx and firewalls.
Required education: Bachelor's
Required languages: Czech, Slovak or other CEE language (Proficient), English (Advanced)
Employment form: Full-time work
- Identify gaps between business requirements and system capabilities and recommend solutions
- Perform all operational functions for systems deployment, including design, installation, capacity planning, upgrades, and configuration
- Ensure safety and security of IT systems by overseeing patch management and backups of vital services to provide high availability, high performance and highly secure service implementations
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues with enterprise systems, working with subject matter experts and vendor support technicians as required
- Ensure systems meet industry standard best practices
- Cooperate with country business units on daily basis following the strategy, common rules and business requirements roadmap
- Cooperate with architects on daily basis to reflect operational experience and align that with existing designs
- 5+ years working experience in the IT Operation (preferably online business)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux Environment: RedHat
- Very good knowledge of web servers Apache and Nginx
- Knowledge of networks, firewalls and loadbalancers
- Ability to perform automatized system administration with Ansible
- Knowledge of MySQL, Nginx, Elasticsearch, Jira, automatization of RHEL/CentOS installation and monitoring with Zabbix would be an advantage
- Knowledge of network technology, security guidelines, industry standards and best practices
- Ability to troubleshoot problems by methodically working through issues, determining causes of operating errors, and deciding how to solve them
- Fluent English
What do we offer?
- Working for the largest pharma retail company in CEE with great expansion plans
- Be responsible global level job with an impact on the business as a whole
- Space for professional growth within the growing organization
- Attractive financial compensation (salary and bonuses)
- Flexible working hours, possibility of home office
- 5 weeks of holidays, discount in Dr. Max pharmacies, meal coupons, contribution to free time activities and many other benefits
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your CV to start an inspiring discussion.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to groupHR@drmax.eu
Dr. Max BDC, s.r.o.
Na Florenci 2116/15
110 00 Prague 1
The Dr.Max Group is owned by the Central European investment group Penta, established in 1994. Penta’s business areas include health care, financial services, manufacturing, retail businesses and real estate development. Penta manages a single fund for its partners, the shareholders in the company. The companies in Penta’s portfolio employee more than 44,000 people, and the Group’s asset value reached € 10.4 billion in 2018. Penta operates in more than 10 European countries and has offices in Prague, Bratislava, Warsaw and Munich.